Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Lateef the Truthspeaker - Firewire

This album was really long overdue. Lateef the Truthspeaker has been around for many many years producing classic material as a part of Latyrx, work with Chief Xcel and as a member of the legendary Quannum Projects but haven't released a solo album until now. Lateef has always been one of my favourite emcees and it's always a blessing to hear him flow on a track. On Firewire he kills on every single track, and shows us once again just what a range he has both as an emcee and as a singer. The downside to the album might be that it's a little too fragmented somehow. All songs are good but there's no real thread throughout the album which would have been nice. But none the less, few artists out there comes up to Lateef's level and I know I will keep listening to him for years to come. I've also heard rumours that there might be a new Latyrx album in the works. I can't wait.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments: