Sunday, November 13, 2011

Virtue & DJ Emoh Betta - Never Made It to O'Briens

New EP from Virtue & DJ Emoh Betta. I'm sorry to start off by saying that I'm disappointed. I mean these two guys have made one of this year's best albums if you ask me, with Following Wild. This one just feels unfinished somehow. There are a few gems here such as Been Since, APNDX and p(eye)ckupl(eye)n. But things such as the first 80 seconds of Igloo is just terrible and should never have been allowed to leave the studio. It might sound a bit harsh, but it's just because I know that these guys can do so much better and should be above releasing crappy drunken intros as that. All in all I find this EP a bit of a let down, but I'm sure we'll hear more amazing songs from them in the future.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments: