Wednesday, December 21, 2011

#1 A Band of Buriers - A Band of Buriers

Album of the year. Not always easy to pick out one specific record from the immense amount of music released during the course of a whole year. But this year the decision was an easy one for me. Ever since I first heard it back in April I've been in love with it. A Band of Buriers consists of James P Honey and Jamie Romain and they are creating some of the most beautiful music that I ever heard. The closest way to describe the sound is alternative folk rap and it is simply the soundtrack of my year. The mix of styles work perfectly together, and no matter if James is singing or rapping, his voice and lyrics hit my heart every time. And this is a really unique album in that sense that even if I could just listen to the vocals, or just the beautiful music created on guitar and cello by James and Jamie, I would be more than satisfied because it all speaks to me on so many levels. And them coming together is a true match made in heaven and I will follow these guys wherever they go in the future. Another great example how decorative stamp killed it in 2011!

I asked James about his personal musical highlight of the year, and here's what he haid to say:
My musical event of the year has been and ongoing one... to watch the label that Reindeer and I started innocently back in 2008 grow and continue to grow. The releases this year have been sensational and their is so much more to come. Reindeer has taken the rudder and steered the ship in to golden sun kissed waters... Decorative Stamp is smashing it...

No comments: