Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Celsius 7 - Life Well Spent

I remember the first time I heard Celsius 7. It was when his track Manners was featured on Bomb Hip Hop Compilation vol 2. I had never heard of him before but that track soon became one of my favourites that year and I remember making sure that it got played on a show dedicated to the best of the year on a local radio show I was part of at the time. After that I didn't hear anything more until Life Well Spent dropped, and the news of it got my quite excited. Don't know what to say about the album though to be honest. The album is filled with so many different styles that it's kind of hard to get a grip on who Celsius 7 really is. You get the b-boy tracks, the songs celebrating the 80's, some Biz Markie flavored stuff, some SD50's sounding tracks, some metal stuff and some classic Cali stuff. It feels like he's trying a bit too much and don't really know which way to go and that makes the whole album feel unfocused. It's a shame since I have the feeling that he could deliver something stronger if he just decided which path to follow.

Rating: 2.5/5

No comments: