Thursday, December 29, 2011

Two Reviews of Hectic Zeniths - Hectic Zeniths


Jessika's review:

I was out on a walk when I started to give this a proper listening. And a good one it was, for sure. It took me to places in my mind, long forgotten ones, and to shiny new ones. Isn’t that was good music should do, take you to familiar places, where you feel comfy, and make you want to hear more and maybe explore further? I’m quite sure most of us can agree on that one.

Unfortunately the music also took me to places I wish I never had to experience again. It took me back almost 20 years ago only by putting sampled voices on top of the already beautiful music. Do we have to pass through the whole Enigma business again? It wasn’t any good then and I´m quite positive it never will be. Is it an age thing? Would I like it if I was twenty years old today? No probably not, but then again, it´s a matter of personal taste.

All in all, this entire musical trip made me smile and gave me loads of positive vibes and if it hadn’t been for the Enigma/Era flashbacks, it would have been graded much higher.


Michael's review: 

This album couldn't have come at a better time for me. It's the perfect companion on my walks to work everyday. During those 20 minutes, Hectic Zentiths paints the soundscapes that fit the world that I see around me. Snowy, icey and cold. Not that the music is without soul or warmth, far from it. This multi-instrumentalist keep playing up new scenes in my head every single time I listen to it.

Very often I tend to feel that instrumental music feels very empty and without any body to it. Here we however get well thought through productions that keeps it interesting all the way. I love hearing artists that I never heard about before and then end up liking as much as with Hectic Zeniths. It feels personal and intimate at the same time as it at times could work perfectly in a club setting.

This is one of the albums that I have listened to the most lately and,  apart from the hideous guitar infected track Who Shot Debris About It? [Interlude 1], it will stay in my headphones for quite some time.

Jessika's rating: 3/5
Michael's rating: 4/5

No comments: