Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#8 Serengeti - Family and Friends

This was one album that really blew me away with it's simplicity. I have liked what Serengeti have done earlier with Polyphonic, but this is one another level all together. With help from Yoni Wolf and Advance Base, we are served an album filled with strange characters, dark humour, great melodies and a broad variety of stories. The thing however that I like the most about this album is how good it makes me feel everytime I listen. Whenever the opening song Tracks starts playing in my headphone I smile. Because then I know that I'm in for a 31 minutes of the best music around at the moment. Yet another feather in the hat this year for anticon.

When asked what his personal best musical moment of the year was, Serengeti said:
"Going on the WHY? tour. Great venues, great folk to travel with and great fans. It was special to play with Doug McDiarmid."

No comments: