Tuesday, December 13, 2011

#9 Alias - Fever Dream

These last few years I have noticed that I have started to listen to more and more instrumental records. Not only because I getting growingly tired of listen to the same old kind of rhymes time after time, but also because as long as people like Alias is out there, you don't really need emcees. Ever since the beginnings of anticon he has constantly shined. I know a lot of people miss the good old days when he didn't just produce amazing songs but also was a first class emcee. I can agree with that, some of that label's finest moments are the early stuff from him. But the thing that makes me feel satisfied and content is that he has gone from strength to strength ever since. No matter if he's producing beats for people like Sage Francis, bleubird or B. Dolan, or releasing superb albums together with his brother Ehren or Tarsier, he constantly keeps evolving. And his latest release Fever Dream is just yet another example that when it comes to producing, few people can even come close to Brendon Whitney.


No comments: