Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Fox Heads - We Want to Be Numb

Ira Lee. What can you really say about that guy? With the risk of sounding like a star struck teenage fan all I can say is; I love everything he's been doing lately. Like most readers of the blog already know Little Eskimo Jesus (Ira and mattr.) released last year’s best album if you ask me. This year he's planning on releasing no less than 6 albums in 10 genres! 2011 is the year of the Ira. More about his onslaught of albums in an upcoming interview here. One of the albums to be released this year is by The Fox Heads. It's Ira and Funken. A 4 track promo EP is now out and once again I'm blown away. Ira continues being one of my favourite lyricists at the moment. And let's not forget about Funken here. I totally love his productions! I really don't know a better way to describe the music than dysfunctional pop. We get a combination of live instruments, live and programmed drums and vintage synths. This is music to make you both want to dance, think and smile. To all labels out there, sign The Fox Heads or stay stupid!
Rating: 4/5

No comments: