Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Adeem - The Volume in the Ground


Ahh! I've been waiting for this one! Adeem will always have a special place in my heart, and every release that he's dropped, either solo or as part of a group, have been real gems that I've listened to a lot through the years. The Volume in the Ground took 5 years to come out, but after the first listen I admit that it was worth it. It's obvious that this have been a labour of love for Adeem, and you can hear it in every part of the album. The lyrics, the awesome productions and the instrumentation. One of the words that pop up in my head when it comes to the sound is earthy. It's blues for the year 2011. It's so refreshing to hear an album that has nothing to do with the latest trends, but that is the beautiful end product of an artist's vision. Forget about Pitchfork for a minute and check out this album. You won't be disappointed.

Rating: 4/5

2 comments:

E. Lit said...

Thank you for the heads up on this! I seem to remember Adeem mentioning this solo venture to me a while back at one of the many amazing Glue shows I attended, but it's been so long that I figured it was another project that wouldn't materialize. Good to see he's still putting out music! - EL

michael said...

Yeah, if you like his earlier work I'm sure you will enjoy this one. Also did an interview with him recently that you can read here:

http://blog.mrhauer.com/2011/05/interview-11-adeem.html