Sunday, May 22, 2011

Murmur Breeze - Foreshore Reverie


Murmur Breeze. I was going to write that they are amongst Europe's finest at the moment, but to hell with it. They are amongst the finest period. abSUrd and James P Honey have been dropping gems for a couple of years now, and they really are going from strength to strength. Their first album Bird Irony was a favourite when it came out in 2008. And gladly enough they have risen to even higher levels since then. Foreshore Reverie is 19 tracks of the highest quality. It's hard to pick out any specific tracks that stands out since I feel that the album is an album in it's best sense. At the same time as the individual tracks stands strong in themselves, the album as a whole lifts it to another level. I don't know if that makes any sense. It's also refreshing to have a record that isn't diluted with too many guest appearences which is all too common these days. Except for Mildew, jamesreindeer and Babel Fishh guesting we get just what I want, James doing his thing over abSUrd's beautiful creations that is. I can without a doubt say that James P. Honey is one of my favourite emcees and vocalists at the moment. 2011 really should be the year of him, abSUrd and decorative stamp. Do I have to say that I think you should check them out?

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments: