Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Tallest Man on Earth @Trädgår'n

Yesterday was the third time that I had the fortune to see The Tallest Man on Earth live. The first time, in 2009, totally blew me away and is one of my favourite concerts ever. Last year's gig at Debaser in Stockholm was a good show at a completely wrong venue. I've never really been a big fan of Trädgår'n as a venue, but for artists such as TTMOE it's just right. And yes, yesterday's concert was pure magic. We got to see him perform some of his best songs, both solo but also a few backed up by bass and drums as well as a beautiful duet with Idiot Wind. I'm trying to single out some good examples from it all, but I really can't. The whole concert was amazing (apart from the screaming drunk fuck that almost ruined the experience, but got dealt with really nicely by TTMOE himself). One thing that really made this evening was not just the music itself, but TTMOE's personal, shy and charming way to perform which made it to a really intimate evening even though there were about 600 in the crowd. I was going to write something about the opening act Francis, but I think I will leave it. Just one remark. Stop doing indie posing 101. All in all a superb night. Already looking forward to the next time I get to see him. Ending this review with a clip from yesterday. Enjoy.


4 comments:

Åsa said...

Filmade du? Du måste suttit riktigt bra till! Och bra kvalité på filmen..

michael said...

Inte jag som filmat. Hittade ett par klipp tidigare idag

joanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joanna said...

Åh, herrejävlar alltså! Den låten är ju så bra så att man ryser. Ooh!