Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big Pauper - Beyond My Means


This is the album that I've been waiting for since 2007. It was around that time that I discovered Big Pauper (then PZ or Panzah Zandahz) as a part of Two Ton Sloth. I loved his productions and felt truly blessed when he made an exclusive outro for my compilation Du Ska Inte Tro Det Blir Sommar. Besides doing music with Two Ton Sloth, he's been doing a lot of remixes and mash-ups. This year it's finally time for his solo debut, and even though it has taken it's time it's well worth the wait. What we get is 40 minutes of dusty sample based, B-movie inspired mayhem that makes you want to shake those hips continuously with a big smile on your face. And you know how I feel about beats, breaks & big smiles. This is one album that might turn up amongst my top 10 at the end of the year. Buy it!

Rating: 4/5

No comments: