Sunday, May 22, 2011

David Ramos - That Down There


Don't make the mistake of thinking that David Ramos is just the brother of Ceschi. Perhaps Ceschi is the one getting most of the limelight at the moment, but just check the history. These guys have really followed suite for many years through bands like Anonymous Inc, Toca, The Most, Dead by Wednesday and the almighty Knuck Feast. They were also the ones who together started the label Fake Four Inc. that has gone from strength to strength these last few years. Perhaps Ceschi have been more productive, both when it comes to own releases and guest appearences, but let not that fool you. That Down There is a compilation of tracks recorded during a bunch of years. Songs that for one reason or another never got released on either Jesus Taylor Thomas or This Up Here. But unlike most compilations, this sounds like a "real" album in every way. From the intro Start Over, I'm hooked. This album is smoking, to use that old classic term and I can't find one single bad song on it. Everyone is a real treat to listen to. And it's also nice to finally seeing the diss song No Bono released. I know that it might be unfair to mention David's brother this much in a review, but I just have to say it like it is. I love Ceschi and his music to death, but if you ask me David is my favourite out of the two.

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I greatly appreciate this.... but I can not, with any level of objective honesty agree with the last sentence of the article. Ceschi has and always will continue to amaze me with the music he does. I am proud to say (and truly believe) that my brother is one of the most talented writers, rappers and all around musicians out there. If I could be half as prolific as him it would be great achievement.........not to jock my own brother so hard, but its true....lol
David