Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ill Bill & Vinnie Paz - Heavy Metal Kings


I know some friends of mine who thinks it weird that I like groups such as Jedi Mind Tricks. In some ways I can understand them. I mean, there is a huge leap behind the sounds of them and for example Murmur Breeze, themselves and Ceschi. But the thing that I like about Jedi Mind Tricks is the pure excellent and moody productions of Stoupe and presence, voice and tightness of Vinnie Paz. The later is truly underrated I think, and he's able of combining simple lyrics with lots of meaning and feeling. This album is a collaboration between him and Ill Bill. They have worked together before and we don't get any surprises here. Violence, conspiracy theories and politics all wrapped into a boom bap package. Far from new and exciting, but always with a high level of standard. I like it, but it's not one of the more memorable releases from either of them.

Rating: 3/5

No comments: