Friday, December 18, 2009

#4 Exile - Radio


























I really love good lyricists. Amazing emcees that can blow me away with their technical skills as well as their brilliant subject matter. But sometimes...sometimes I just want them to keep quiet. I don't want to listen to their inflated egos that seem to think that the world revolves around them. And it's moments like this when I need albums like Radio and artists like Exile. Exile has over the years made himself a name both for producing tracks for artists such as Mobb Deep, Jurassic 5 and Snoop Dogg as well as being a part of the group Emanon and working with Blu.
This year he released Radio. An album consisting of hardhitting beats sprinkled with voices sampled from the radio and the result is amazing and extremly funky. He moves in the same circles as producers such as Cut Chemist and knows how to make music that both puts a smile on your face at the same time as it keeps your head nodding.

No comments: