Thursday, December 17, 2009

#5 Langhorne Slim - Be Set Free


























If it wasn't for my man Scott Da Ros I would probably have missed out on Langhorne Slim. But luckily enough I took him up on his tip about Langhornes latest album Be Set Free, and I'm so glad that I did. This 29 year old folksinger from Langhorne, Pennsylvania has made a truly beautiful collection of songs that fits any mood like a glove. I frequently return to this album on my iPod during my daily trips on the tram to and from work. It's perfect in the morning when I want a laidback soundscape to slowly wake me up in the morning and in the evenings I hide inside the worlds that his stories create. And really, what more can one ask of an album?

"One of the best concert experiences this year was at Newport Folk Festival when I had the opportunity to join Pete Seeger and Joan Baez on stage. Definitely memorable!"

No comments: