Wednesday, December 16, 2009

#6 Eyedea & Abilities - By the Throat


























If there is one emcee that makes me happy just by the pure sound of his voice, it's Eyedea. Ever since his days as a successful battle emcee in the late 90s he's been my favourite emcee. The only negative thing is that I don't always like his music. The albums that he's been part of over the years range from excellent (First Born) to mediocre (Carbon Carousel). Luckily enough his latest album together with turntablist supreme Abilities is awesome. I know a lot of people don't like it because they think that E&A has moved away to much from straight up hiphop. Well, that's what I love about them. Here's two guys who are not afraid to push the envelope on this artform and together they make new and exciting music.

No comments: