Monday, December 14, 2009

#8 Myka 9 - 1969


























Myka 9. The name itself will forever hold a spot in my own Emcees Hall of Fame. As a founding member of Freestyle Fellowship as well as being a key figure at the Good Life Cafe in the early 90s and as being one of the original members of Project Blowed he has forever paid his dues and deserve only the best in life. Early this year he released his fifth soloalbum, 1969. I must admit that I didn't have any real expectations when I heard of the release. I kinda lost track of Myka the last couple of years and should be ashamed because of it. The album also sat the standard for the label Fake Four Inc. this year. More about that in an upcoming post. So what about the album itself? Well, it's filled with tight productions that are sprinkled with Mykas dark flawless flow. The man is an emcee genius and this album is just another one that proves it.

So what did Myka himself think was the highlight of the year?

"Coming to Europe will be the highlight of 09!
I must also mention the Soundset Festival (20,000 fans) in Minnesota and all The Burning Man type functions!"

No comments: