Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Cool Aide - Flavor Ade

























Cool Aide - Flavor Ade


MiC K!NG or iCON the Mic King as he is formally known as has been around in my life longer than I've actually heard his music. As a devotee to Scribble Jam videos, I remember seeing him cheering in the background during the infamous rematch between Mac Lethal and Dos Noun back in 2002. It took me a couple of years to realize that I've heard that guy on albums such as Happy Fuck You Songs and Fake Flowers. But it wasn't until I got my hands on Mike & The Fat Man that he made together with Chum that I really started to give him any real attention. But over these last couple of years I more and more began to like him and now he's truly grown into a fullfledged emcee. Here we have a battle emcee that actually could make the transition into making good albums and his latest album together with Chum under the name Cool Aide is a very good example of this. Flavor Ade is filled with songs that are both hard and on point at the same time as they show that they got a refreshing sense of humour which overall is lacking in hip hop nowadays. The only song that make me question the album is Neo Jack Swing but hey, most album has a track that you don't like. And when you have songs such as I Am So Cool and Word Perfect you can't really complain. Flavor Ade is a great addition to Fake Four Inc.'s rooster and considering that they're the best label this year Cool Aide should be really proud of their album. Pick up Flavor Ade and support some of hiphop's friendliest artists.

Review: 3 of 5

No comments: