Friday, December 17, 2010

#5 cars & trains - The Roots, The Leaves


cars & trains album The Roots, The Leaves was probably the first album this year that I felt at once was going to end up as one of the best this year. There was something about it that really struck a chord with me the first time I listened to it, and it still has the same effect on me every time I listen to it. Tom Filepp, the man behind the name, makes beautiful frail music that really gets into your bones and has kind of the same effect as drugs. On me at least. And when I say drugs, I mean that I always want to listen to this album, even when I listen to others. The music is quirky, far from polished and I love it. cars & trains are the only artist coming remotely close to WHY? without sounding like a rip off. I can't think of a greater compliment to give to an artist.

No comments: