Tuesday, December 14, 2010

#8 Jónsi - Go

Never really been a big fan of Sigur Rós. I remember back in 2002 when their album ( ) came. I thought that the album was quite boring and I began ignoring them. In January this year the band announced that they would take a break and focus on solo careers and spending time with their families. I'm glad they did. Because that meant that their singer Jón Jónsi” Þór Birgisson released his album Go this year. The album is a great work of art seducing me with it's layered sounds and beautiful melodies. Every time I want to listen to something soothing and hopeful, I put on Go. I get the feeling now that I need to give the albums by Sigur Rós that I skipped a new chance. Maybe I've missed something.

2 comments:

eatmyears said...

Tack för tipset, den här skall ges en chans till.

michael said...

Ja, jag gillar den verkligen skarpt!