Saturday, December 04, 2010

Jianyu

Jianyu

Review: When I was young I totally loved kung-fu movies and Hong Kong flicks. Movies such as Mandarin Magician and Challenge Me Dragon combined with early Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies made me a true believer from a very early age. But throughout the years the concept has begun to bore me more and more. Jackie Chan, John Woo, Ang Lee, Jet Li and their likes don't really do anything for me anymore. Jianyu is a new movie co-directed by John Woo and stars Michelle Yeoh. As expected it's a very well made movie, it's a visual treat and the cast is good. However, I find the script quite the sleeping pill and I had problems staying focused while watching it. Perhaps I outgrew this kind of movie. If that's the case, it's sad but we still have many beautiful memories together. I do however recommend this movie if you like the genre. You probably won't be disappointed.

No comments: