Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Swan

Black Swan

Review: I'm not usually in the mood to look at dance movies, and ballet is quite far from my interests. But I decided to see Black Swan for two reasons. First off, Natalie Portman is always a delight to watch. She is one of my absolute favourite actresses. But the main reason that I sat down to watch was the director Darren Aronofsky. After the amazing work he did with Requiem for a Dream and The Wrestler, I was really curious to see what he would do here. And he has made a really good movie. It's dark, sometimes horrific but always beautiful. Even if it's easy perhaps to compare Black Swan and The Wrestler is certain ways, I think that they are two completely different movies. Darren Aronofsky is really a brilliant director and Natalie Portman is doing her best performance in years. A must see. And for you that still thinks that the movie sounds boring. You might want to check it out to see if there is any truth about the rumours of a girl on girl scene between Natalie and Mila Kunis. And Mila by the way is doing her best performance so far in this movie.

No comments: